If you found this page after searching for “Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh,” we apologize that this article has nothing to do with the painting. If, however, you are looking for starry night background images, you’re in just the right place! Join us on a celestial journey of pitch black night skies and bright stunning stars.
- 1 What’s more captivating than a starry night?
- 2 Trees And Stars at Nighttime by Wil-Stewart
- 3 Galaxy Photo by Clarisse-Meyer
- 4 Milky Way Above Water by Kristopher-Roller
- 5 Shooting Star in Night Sky by Diego-PH
- 6 Worm’s Eye View of Trees at Night Time by Ryan-Hutton
- 7 Silhouette Mountain at Night Time by Vincentiu-Solomon
- 8 Man Standing on Lawn at Nighttime by Hunter-Bryant
- 9 Mountains with Trees Under White Star At Night by Nathan-Anderson
- 10 Man Standing on Rock Under Green Aurora Borealis And White Clouds by Joshua-Earle
- 11 Summer Silhouette by Diego Hernandez
- 12 Starry Skies In The Dessert Canyons by Nanessa Reyes
- 13 Two Green Leaf Trees Beside Mountain by Kayla-Gibson
- 14 Gradient Night Sky by Travis Soule
- 15 Iphone Nightsky Stars by Jonas Svidras
- 16 Silhouette Photography of Trees And Sky by Aperture-Vintage
What’s more captivating than a starry night?
No one knows how many stars exist in the universe. The Milky Way alone is estimated to contain at least 300 billion stars. Regardless of the total number, one thing can be said of stars. Whether very old or very young, rich, poor, or just ordinary– we all gaze up at the same stars each night. Whereas we might lose interest with a book or activity, these tiny dots never cease to captivate us. Without further ado, here is a complilation of our favorite night star images on Wunderstock.
This long exposure of the night sky is great for a smartphone background.
Rather than simply take a photo the night sky, photographer Clarisse-Meyer added her own touch to the composition.
A beautiful night sky shining above a quiet bay.
Photographers use time lapses or combine multiple exposures to create effects like this part-sunset, part-night-sky photo.
Because it’s so difficult to see stars in the city, we usually associate starry nights with remote wilderness. This mesmirizing starry night background image by Ryan-Hutton captures this perfectly.
We love the combination of black, purple, and orange.
“Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The best starry nights are usually seen in northern latitudes during the winter.
This photo combines daytime and nightime exposures to create a rather interesting effect.
We never grow tired of the beautiful night sky.
This nighttime time lapse almost looks like a painting.
This abstract starry sky image is also a very good choice for an iPhone or Android wallpaper.
A creative photo of a photographer taking a picture of the night sky.
These orange and black hues work well together to create a very interesting image.