So, you’re looking for a Photoshop torrent? You’re not alone. The high cost of Adobe Photoshop and lack of payment options (not everyone has a credit card) make it one of the most popular downloads on torrent sites such as The Pirate Bay. In this article we will the best places to find Photoshop torrents in 2021, potential downsides to torrenting (including how to avoid viruses), and other tips for downloading Photoshop for free.
Feature photo: Software Download by The Focal Project
- 1 Warning: Don’t download Photoshop torrents from Google
- 2 The best torrent sites for Photoshop that still work in 2021
- 3 How to stay safe on torrent sites
- 4 Why we don’t recommend pirating Photoshop
- 5 Free Photoshop for students
- 6 You can also buy older versions of Photoshop
- 7 Other options to consider:
- 8 Closing thoughts
Warning: Don’t download Photoshop torrents from Google
Search Google for Photoshop cracks and you will find a long list of thousands of results. Do not under any circumstances visit these sites or download these torrents. While some of the results may have working links, most are malware or phishing sites that will trick you into installing malicious software on your computer. Visit these sites at your own peril.
The best torrent sites for Photoshop that still work in 2021
All of the safe torrents have been removed from Google due to copyright violations, which is why you see only malware sites. For this reason we unfortunately also cannot give advice on where to find Photoshop torrents. In addition to pirated software, however, most torrent sites also host a variety of 100% legal downloads such as the free Photoshop alternative GIMP or the illustration software Krita. You can legally download this open source software on any of these fully working torrent sites:
- The Pirate Bay (see warning here)
RARBG and 1337x are the safest sources for software. We don’t recommend using The Pirate Bay as a first choice because the site has become relatively unmaintained and contains many viruses.
How to stay safe on torrent sites
sffsdfsdf Even well-known torrent sites can still contain malware, even if you are downloading legal open source content. For this reason it is wise to only download the most popular torrents and read reviews, which will often highlight any malware. Always run an anti-virus client such as Avast or ClamavNet on your computer– even if you are on a Mac. Many guides will recommend you use a VPN to hide your identity when downloading pirated software. This shouldn’t be necessary if you are downloading free open source software, however, as this is 100% legal.
Why we don’t recommend pirating Photoshop
Issues with viruses and malware set aside, we genuinely don’t think torrenting Photoshop is the right thing to do. Although it is true that Adobe is “a big company with a lot of money” and you are probably “just an average Joe,” Adobe continually invests millions of dollars in making the software the best it can be. Thousands of people have spent their careers to make this software what it is. Adobe and its team deserve to be rewarded for their hard work. There are a number of other reasons why you should not torrent Photoshop:
There are also potential legal risks involved with Photoshop torrents. Depending on where you live, you could pay a fine of $1,000 or more and sometimes legal expenses. ISPs are required by law to turn off the Internet of illegal downloaders.
No updates or support
Run into an issue or a bug? Want to try a new feature in the latest update? You can forget about any kind of product support if you illegally download Photoshop. This includes access to the latest features and bug fixes.
And Adobe does actively monitor for pirates through the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service. You might wake up one day to suddenly find Photoshop won’t load!
It’s just $10 / month.… don’t be cheap
Torrenting Photoshop used to be more justifiable back when Adobe charged $400 upfront for the software. In an effort to make the software more affordable, Adobe now offers Photoshop on a monthly subscription basis for just $10 / month through Creative Cloud. This package does require a committent of at least a year but comes with the popular photo editing app Lightroom as well and 20GB of cloud storage. You can upgrade to new versions of Photoshop for free as soon as they are released. Given the time, hassle and risk of torrents, you’re better off subscribing to Creative Cloud. It’s a small price to pay for something that provides a tremendous level of functionality. There are times in life where it just doesn’t make sense to be a cheapstake.
Free Photoshop for students
A number of schools and universities work with Adobe to provide Photoshop for free or at a substantially reduced costs to students. Here is one example from Emerson of how full-time students can get Adobe Photshop for free on up to two devices. Many US universities have similar programs.
You can also buy older versions of Photoshop
Although not widely advertised, you can still buy older boxed copies of Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 online. These come with a CD and license key that absolutely still works. In case you don’t have a CD drive, you can also download the software from Adobe and activate it with the provided license key. The core functionality of Photoshop has not changed in decades. These older versions are adequate for most people’s needs and best of all, you don’t need the latest computer hardware to run them!
Other options to consider:
There are also a number of free and less expensive photo editors besides Photoshop:
- GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP): This open-source clone is almost as old as the original. Just about anything you can do in Photoshop, perhaps minus the very latest features, can be done in GIMP. There’s also an extensive online community and support for many operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux. Since the user interfaces of the two are so alike, you can switch straight to GIMP from Photoshop without feeling lost.
- Pixelmator Pro is a powerful image editor and graphics illustrator built exclusively for Mac. It’s incredibly easy to use and has an innovative user interface ahead of its time. It’s not free at $39.99, but well worth considering if you have a bit of cash or are looking for a more smartly designed alternative.
- Luminar is another paid alternative to Photoshop. Like Pixelmator, it doesn’t try to compete directly by cloning features– it’s a new way to reimagine your editing workflow from the ground up. Designed especially for photographers, you can easily replace the sky, embed objects, and more. Luminar uses the power of AI to automatically enhhance your photos as well.
- Canva is a graphic design tool popular for creating those all-too-common Pinterest and Instagram graphics. The basic free version let’s you easily add text and graphics to images. It’s worth considering if you just need a quick way to enhance images for social media.
If you made it this far and didn’t click away as soon as we advised against downloading Photoshop torrents, we can only repeat ourselves again– please think twice before pirating or cracking Photoshop. While it definitely is not the worst thing in life you can do, there are so many other ways to access the software and so many alternatives today in 2021 that there really is no reason to. If you do decide to go down this route, please at least consider properly licensing the software as soon as you are financially able to.